2018 Drive for Daytona Sweepstakes
Every qualifying purchase of a Shell ROTELLA® T4 Triple Protection®, Shell ROTELLA® T5 Synthetic Blend Technology, or Shell Rotella® T6 Full Synthetic heavy duty diesel engine oil product or related service gives you a chance to enter and win a VIP trip for 2 to the big race in Daytona, FL on 2/17/19. PLUS for only 25 Reward Miles, you can earn extra entries! Sweepstakes ends 10/31/2018. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited. See the Official Rules for details. To be eligible, you must first log in and agree to the Official Rules.
MyMilesMatter by Shell ROTELLA® 2018 Drive for Daytona Sweepstakes("Sweepstakes")
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. INTERNET ACCESS MAY BE REQUIRED. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The MyMilesMatter by Shell ROTELLA® 2018 Drive for Daytona Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is open only to individuals who are: (i) legal residents and currently residing within one of the fifty (50) United States of America (including the District of Columbia) (the “US”) and Canada, (ii) twenty-one (21) years of age or older as of March 1, 2018 (or the legal age of majority in their state or province of legal residence), and (iii) members of MyMilesMatter by Shell ROTELLA® (the “Program”) at the time of entry. Employees of Pennzoil-Quaker State Company d/b/a SOPUS Products (“Sponsor”) and its parent, affiliates and subsidiaries, participating advertising and Sweepstakes agencies and prize suppliers, including but not limited to those entities involved in the preparation of materials for, administration and/or execution of this Sweepstakes (collectively, “Sweepstakes Entities”) and their immediate family members (spouse, parents, siblings and children including step-relations) and/or those living in the same household of such employees (whether or not related) are ineligible.
The Potential Winner is subject to determination of eligibility and verification by Sponsor or its authorized representative before the Grand Prize, as defined in Section 5, will be awarded. This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, provincial, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited or restricted by law. By entering in the Sweepstakes, all entrants (each an “Entrant”; collectively, “Entrants”) and the confirmed winner of the Grand Prize agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and its authorized representatives, which are final and binding in all matters concerning this Sweepstakes. Entry constitutes Entrant's full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor's decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Sponsor may terminate, rescind, or modify the Sweepstakes at any time without notice. Winning the Grand Prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD:The Sweepstakes starts at 12:00 A.M. (midnight) Central Time (“CT”) on March 1, 2018 and ends at 11:59 P.M. CT on October 31, 2018 (“Sweepstakes Period”). Sponsor’s computer will be the official timekeeping device of the Sweepstakes. The Sponsor is not responsible for late, incomplete, or misdirected Entries.
3. HOW TO ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES: All Entrants must be a member of the Program. Enrollment in the Program is free. Enrollment during the Sweepstakes Period as a new member in the Program is allowed. To set up a new member account ("Rewards Account"), you must register at www.mymilesmatter.com (US) or www.mymilesmatter.ca (Canada). While registering, you must enter your first name, last name, email address, password, physical mailing address, a security question and answer as well as other information such as vehicle type which will allow you to receive communications according to your preferences, should you elect to “opt in” to receive Shell ROTELLA® electronic communications. Registration in the Program is considered complete once you accept the Terms and Conditions that are posted on www.mymilesmatter.com (US) and www.mymilesmatter.ca (Canada). Only the individual named as the primary account holder (the "Member") will accrue reward miles (“Reward Miles”) and will be entitled to access Rewards Account information. See “How to Earn Reward Miles” and Program terms and conditions at www.mymilesmatter.com (US) or www.mymilesmatter.ca (Canada) for more details. Sponsor cannot guarantee the Program or this Sweepstakes will be available via all wireless carriers. Standard data plan rates may apply. Other charges may also apply. Entrants should check their mobile plan for rates and other details relating to participation in the Sweepstakes via mobile URL.
Members can enter the Sweepstakes during the Sweepstakes Period (each an “Entry”; collectively “Entries”), by either:
a) Enter by redeeming Reward Miles:
Members can redeem some or all their Reward Miles to enter the Sweepstakes. Members will receive one (1) Entry into the Sweepstakes for each twenty-five (25) Reward Miles redeemed during the Sweepstakes Period. Members must redeem a minimum of twenty-five (25) Reward Miles in one transaction to receive an Entry. Entries will not be provided for increments of less than twentyfive (25) Reward Miles. A member may redeem Reward Miles for Entries as often as he/she wishes during the Sweepstakes Period, subject to the number of Reward Miles in his/her Rewards Account. All online Entries must be received during the Sweepstakes Period; OR
b)Purchasing a qualifying Shell ROTELLA® heavy duty diesel engine oil product or service:
Members must go online to www.mymilesmatter.com (US) or www.mymilesmatter.ca (Canada) and follow the links and instructions to upload a valid service receipt showing the required qualifying Shell ROTELLA® heavy duty diesel engine oil purchase from a participating installer location OR enter a MyMilesMatter by Shell ROTELLA® Reward Code ("Reward Code"). Reward Codes can be found under the caps of specially marked bottles of Shell ROTELLA® T4 Triple Protection® , Shell ROTELLA® T5 Synthetic Blend Technology, Shell ROTELLA® T5 Ultra 10W-30 Synthetic Blend Technology, Shell ROTELLA® T6 Full Synthetic, or Shell ROTELLA® T6 Multi-Vehicle 5W-30 Full Synthetic heavy duty diesel engine oils or on the service receipt from select participating installers when you purchase a qualifying Shell ROTELLA® heavy duty diesel engine oil change. You may enter the Sweepstakes online as often as you wish during the Sweepstakes Period. Limit one (1) Entry per qualifying purchase. Reward Codes are available while supplies last only; OR
c) Mail-in Entry:
USA residents: legibly hand-print in ink on a 3” x 5” card your first name, last name, email address (required), telephone number (optional), mailing address (no P.O. Boxes), city, state, zip code and then mail with first class postage affixed to MyMilesMatter by Shell ROTELLA®/md 2018 Drive for Daytona Sweepstakes, Offer #O1591, P.O. Box 809004, Houston, Texas, USA, 77280-9921.
Canadian residents: legibly hand-print in ink on a 3” x 5” card your first and last name, email address (required), telephone number (optional), mailing address (no P.O. Boxes), city, province, postal code and then mail with first class postage affixed to MyMilesMatter by Shell ROTELLA®/md 2018 Drive for Daytona Sweepstakes, Offer #O1591, P.O. Box 26045 Churchill, Mississauga, ON., L5L 5W7.
There is no limit on mail-in Entries, however, only one (1) Entry per postmarked envelope. All mail-in Entries must be postmarked by October 31, 2018 and received by November 15, 2018.
Entries not legitimately submitted in accordance with these Official Rules, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, are void. Any attempt by any Entrant to obtain more than the stated number of Entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations, and logins, cheating or fraud, through a sweepstakes club or similar entity, or any other unauthorized methods will void all of the Entrant’s Entries and Entrant will be disqualified from the Sweepstakes. If Sponsor suspects that any Entrant has or appears to have submitted mass Entries, or Entries generated by an automated program, bot, script, robotic, macro or use of any other devices that are prohibited will result in disqualification from the Sweepstakes. All Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
Proof of entry submission is not proof of its receipt by Sponsor. Only eligible Entries received by Sponsor during the Sweepstakes Period or for mail-in Entries, postmarked by October 31, 2018 and received by November 15, 2018 will be eligible for the Sweepstakes. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an online Entrant in the Sweepstakes, the Entry will be deemed completed by the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter in the Sweepstakes. Potential Winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned to an email address by an Internet service provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. All Entries will be deemed to have been made by the authorized account holder. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for late, lost, misdirected, incomplete, delayed, stolen, invalid, unintelligible, technically corrupted, garbled or illegible Entries, which will be disqualified, or for any failure to capture Entries, or problems of any kind whether mechanical, human or electronic.
4. RANDOM DRAWING:: On or around November 26, 2018 at or about 1:00 p.m. CT at 6450 Clara Road, Suite 100, Houston, Texas 77041, Sponsor (or its authorized representative) will randomly select one (1) potential winner from all eligible Entries submitted and received in accordance with these Official Rules ("Potential Winner").
5. GRAND PRIZE, ODDS OF WINNING: A. One (1) Grand Prize (“Grand Prize”) will be awarded under this Sweepstakes. The Grand Prize consists of a trip for the confirmed winner and one adult guest to the big race in Daytona Beach, FL scheduled to take place on February 17, 2019 (the “Race”). The trip includes round trip, coach class air transportation for two (2) from a major commercial airport near the confirmed winner’s home (chosen at Sponsor’s sole discretion) to a major commercial airport near the Race, departing on or around February 16, 2019 and returning on or around February 18, 2019, three (3) days and two (2) night’s lodging at a hotel as selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion (standard, double occupancy room), transportation to/from the airport and hotel as well as to/from the hotel and Race, two (2) suite tickets for the Race, a meet-and-greet with a Shell driver (subject to availability), garage and pit row tours for the confirmed winner and his/her guest, and Race merchandise as selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
Travel is subject to the restrictions and conditions set forth below. All travel must be booked prior to arrival. Travel is subject to capacity controls, availability, weather, seasonal influences, and certain other restrictions, all of which are subject to change. No changes will be made to travel once any travel related element or elements of the trip is booked, except at Sponsor's sole discretion. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules and those set forth by Sponsor's travel prize supplier, as detailed in any contract issued by such supplier.
The Potential Winner and his/her guest must be able to travel on the dates set forth by Sponsor or the Grand Prize will be forfeited. The confirmed winner and his/her guest must travel on the same itinerary. If the confirmed winner resides within a 100-mile radius of the Race, a $250 Visa® Prepaid Card may be awarded to use towards ground transportation in lieu of air transportation, and no compensation will be provided for any difference in value. Travel dates are subject to availability; blackout dates and any other applicable restrictions that may apply. The confirmed winner and his/her guest are responsible for having valid travel documents including government identification and/or passports. If the Potential Winner is a resident of Canada, he/ she (and his/her guest) must be able to legally enter the United States and re-enter Canada from the US. The confirmed winner is responsible for all travel related expenses not included herein, including but not limited to airline baggage fees, gratuities, parking fees, in-room charges at the hotel (e.g. room service, mini-bar, movies), telephone calls, meals, beverages, upgrades, personal incidentals, amenities and any other fees and expenses not specifically mentioned in these Official Rules. In the Winner Affidavit, defined in Section 6, the confirmed winner and his/her guest hereby acknowledges that Sponsor has not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance (including but not limited to medical insurance) for any part of the trip. If the Potential Winner is a Canadian resident, he/ she and his/her guest are solely responsible for any out-of-province medical expenses incurred during use and acceptance of the Grand Prize (or any portion thereof). Hotel booking arrangements will be administered by Sponsor's authorized designee. The confirmed winner will be required to provide a major credit card upon check-in and all in-room charges will be charged to the credit card.
The Potential Winner and his/her guest must sign and return a travel liability release before travel will be booked. Sponsor is not responsible if any events are delayed, postponed, or canceled for any reason. The confirmed winner will not receive compensation from Sponsor or prize suppliers for tickets that the confirmed winner is unable to use due to cancellation of an event, but tickets may be subject to standard rain-check policies and procedures set by the issuer.
The confirmed winner and his/her guest agree that the Grand Prize is awarded pursuant to a revocable, nontransferable license that is personal to the him/her, and may not be sold, resold, auctioned, bartered, assigned, exchanged, placed in commerce, transferred, given away, donated or otherwise conveyed. The Grand Prize must be accepted as awarded and cannot be transferred or assigned, substituted or redeemed for cash, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right, in its and its sole and absolute discretion, to substitute the Grand Prize with a prize or prizes of equal or greater value if the Grand Prize (or any portion thereof) cannot be awarded for any reason, without liability. Sponsor reserves the right to remove or to deny entry to the confirmed winner and/or his/her guest if either the confirmed winner or his/her guest violates the previous restrictions or engages in a disruptive manner, or with intent to abuse, threaten or harass any other person at the Race.
Visa® Prepaid Cards: Visa® Prepaid Card is issued by MB Financial Bank, N.A., Member FDIC, pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc. The Visa Prepaid Card is subject to full terms and conditions of issuer. Visa is a registered trademark of Visa, Inc., which is not a sponsor of nor otherwise affiliated or associated with this Sweepstakes.
B. Approximate retail value ("ARV") of the Grand Prize is $9,000 USD / $11,332.40 CAD dollars.
C. Odds of winning the Grand Prize depend on the total number of eligible Entries submitted and received in accordance with these Official Rules. An Entrant can increase his/her chances of winning by submitting multiple eligible Entries in accordance with these Official Rules.
D. All costs, fees and any other expense not specified in these Official Rules are the confirmed winner's sole responsibility
Any depiction of the Grand Prize or any element thereof in promotional and advertising materials in connection with this Sweepstakes is for illustrative purposes only and may not be the actual prize awarded. Any valuation of the Grand Prize stated above is based on available information provided to Sponsor at the time these Official Rules were published.
Canadian Residents only: If a Canadian resident, the Potential Winner must, in addition to all other Sweepstakes requirements, correctly answer, within a limited time period, unaided, a mathematical skill-testing question to be declared the final winner of the Grand Prize. Potential Winner may be required to sign, have notarized and return a Declaration of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release 3 (where legally permitted), within the time specified by Sponsor before being declared the final winner of the Grand Prize and receiving the Grand Prize. Without limitation, ineligibility or non-compliance will result in forfeiture of the Grand Prize in its entirety.
6. HOW TO CLAIM THE GRAND PRIZE: On or about November 26, 2018, the Sponsor or its authorized representative will contact the Potential Winner via email or phone to notify him/her that he/she is the Potential Winner. The Potential Winner will be subject to confirmation of eligibility and verification by Sponsor or its authorized representative, whose decisions are final and binding. To be declared the final winner of the Grand Prize, the Potential Winner must meet all eligibility requirements and comply with all terms and conditions set forth herein. A Potential Winner is not the final winner unless and until all eligibility criteria is confirmed and the Potential Winner has been notified that verification is complete and any necessary documentation has been properly submitted to and received by Sponsor or its authorized representative.
Potential Winner will be required to execute and return a Declaration of Eligibility/Liability & Publicity Release (“Winner Affidavit”) no later than ten (10) business days from the date that the Potential Winner is initially contacted or the Grand Prize may, in Sponsor's sole discretion, be forfeited. If a Potential Winner fails to execute the Winner Affidavit, is found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules; or declines to accept the Grand Prize, then the Grand Prize will be forfeited, and the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, select an alternate Potential Winner by random draw from all remaining eligible Entries submitted and received in accordance with these Official Rules until a final winner of the Grand Prize is declared, time permitting. If the winner notification is ignored, returned as unclaimed, or undeliverable for whatever reason beyond the control of Sponsor, the Grand Prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate Potential Winner in Sponsor’s sole discretion, time permitting. The Sponsor is not be responsible for failed attempts to notify the Potential Winner and no responsibility is assumed by the Sponsor for any correspondence returned as undeliverable or any other problems associated with attempt(s) to notify the Potential Winner
Acceptance of the Grand Prize constitutes permission for Sweepstakes Entities to use the confirmed winner's persona, name, biographical information, opinions, voice, photograph and/or likeness for advertising and promotional purposes in any and all media now known or hereinafter developed throughout the world in perpetuity, without additional compensation, review, notification or permission, unless prohibited by law
7. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY/INTERNET: SPONSOR AND/OR SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY TYPOGRAPHICAL, HUMAN OR OTHER ERROR IN THE PRINTING OF SWEEPSTAKES COMMUNICATIONS AND/OR COLLATERAL ADVERTISING MATERIALS, ADMINISTRATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, PROCESSING OF ENTRIES, SELECTION OF A POTENTIAL WINNER, OR IN THE ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE CONFIRMED WINNER OR IN ANY OTHER MATERIALS OR INFORMATION ASSOCIATED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES. IN NO EVENT WILL MORE PRIZES BE AWARDED THAN ARE STATED IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES. IF, THROUGH PRINTING OR PRODUCTION ERROR, OR FOR ANY OTHER REASON WHATSOEVER, MORE PRIZES ARE CLAIMED THAN INTENDED AND/OR SET FORTH IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO AWARD THE GRAND PRIZE BY RANDOM DRAWING FROM ALL ELIGIBLE CLAIMANTS FOR THE GRAND PRIZE. ONLY ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE AS SET FORTH IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES WILL BE AWARDED. ADDITIONALLY, SPONSOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ERRORS RESULTING IN OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DELETION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATIONS OR TRANSMISSION, THEFT OR DESTRUCTION OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATIONS OF SWEEPSTAKES MATERIALS, OR FOR TECHNICAL, NETWORK, TELEPHONE EQUIPMENT, ELECTRONIC, COMPUTER, HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE, TELEPHONE OR OTHER COMMUNICATIONS, INCOMPATIBILITY, MALFUNCTIONS OR LIMITATIONS OF ANY KIND, OR INACCURATE TRANSMISSIONS OF OR FAILURE TO RECEIVE INFORMATION BY SPONSOR ON ACCOUNT OF TECHNICAL PROBLEMS, LOST OR UNAVAILABLE NETWORK CONNECTIONS, TELEPHONE CONNECTIONS, WIRELESS DEVICE CONNECTIONS OR TRAFFIC CONGESTION ON THE INTERNET OR AT ANY WEBSITE, HUMAN ERROR, OR ANY COMBINATION THEREOF. IF FOR ANY REASON THE SWEEPSTAKES, OR ANY ELEMENT THEREOF, IS NOT CAPABLE OF RUNNING AS PLANNED, INCLUDING INFECTION BY COMPUTER VIRUS, BUGS, TAMPERING, UNAUTHORIZED INTERVENTION, CHEATING, FRAUD, TECHNICAL FAILURES, OR ANY OTHER CAUSES, TECHNOLOGICAL OR OTHERWISE, WHICH CORRUPT, DISRUPT OR OTHERWISE AFFECT THE ADMINISTRATION, SECURITY, FAIRNESS, INTEGRITY, OR PROPER CONDUCT OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION, BUT NOT OBLIGATION, TO CANCEL, TERMINATE, MODIFY OR SUSPEND ANY AND ALL ASPECTS OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, AND PROCEED IN A MANNER IT DEEMS FAIR REASONABLE AND IN KEEPING WITH THE INTENT OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING SELECTION OF THE POTENTIAL WINNER FROM AMONG ALL ELIGIBLE ENTRIES RECEIVED PRIOR TO SUCH CANCELLATION, TERMINATION, MODIFICATION OR SUSPENSION. SPONSOR FURTHER RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY ANY INDIVIDUAL IT SUSPECTS, IN ITS SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION, TO BE TAMPERING WITH THE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY INDIVIDUAL TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM AND SEEK PROSECUTION OF ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW.
IN NO EVENT WILL RELEASED PARTIES (DEFINED BELOW) BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING ANY DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF ANY ENTRANT’S ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE WEBSITE www.mymilesmatter.com (US) OR www.mymilesmatter.ca (CANADA) OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING OF MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM THE WEBSITE. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
8. INDEMNIFICATION: EACH ENTRANT AND THE CONFIRMED WINNER OF THE GRAND PRIZE AGREES, BY ENTERING OR ACCEPTING THE GRAND PRIZE TO RELEASE, DISCHARGE, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, AND ITS PARENT COMPANY, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, DISTRIBUTORS, WEB DEVELOPMENT COMPANIES, ADVERTISING AGENCIES, (AND THEIR PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES), SWEEPSTAKES AGENCIES, PRIZE SUPPLIERS, AND ANY OTHER PERSONS OR ENTITIES PARTICIPATING IN THE DESIGN, ADMINISTRATION OR FULFILLMENT OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY, “RELEASED PARTIES”) FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY THREATENED OR ACTUAL INJURIES, LOSS, COSTS, SETTLEMENTS (WHETHER OR NOT LITIGATION IS COMMENCED), OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO ANY PERSON, INCLUDING DEATH OR DISABILITY, AND PROPERTY, ARISING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ENTRY IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE, OR MISUSE OF THE GRAND PRIZE (OR PORTION THEREOF), PARTICIPATION IN ANY SWEEPSTAKES - RELATED ACTIVITY WHETHER HOSTED BY SPONSOR OR A THIRD PARTY OR 4 INABILITY TO PARTICIPATE IN PARTS THEREOF INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, CLAIMS, SUITS, INJURIES, LOSSES AND DAMAGES RELATED TO PERSONAL INJURIES, DEATH, DAMAGE TO OR DESTRUCTION OF PROPERTY, RIGHTS OF PUBLICITY OR PRIVACY, DEFAMATION OR PORTRAYAL IN A FALSE LIGHT (WHETHER INTENTIONAL OR UNINTENTIONAL), WHETHER UNDER A THEORY OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), WARRANTY OR OTHER THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT CAUSED IN WHOLE OR IN PART BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF ONE OR MORE OF THE RELEASED PARTIES. INDIVIDUALS COVENANT NOT TO SUE ANY RELEASED PARTY OR CAUSE THEM TO BE SUED REGARDING ANY MATTER RELEASED ABOVE; AND FURTHER COVENANT NOT TO DISAFFIRM, LIMIT OR RESCIND THIS RELEASE. A WAIVER BY SPONSOR AND/OR ANY OF THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES OF ANY TERM IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A WAIVER OF ANY OTHER PROVISION.
9. GOVERNING LAW; DISPUTES: By entering the Sweepstakes, each Entrant who is a legal resident of the fifty (50) United States of America (including the District of Columbia) agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, the Grand Prize, or any portion thereof, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court in Houston, Texas; and (ii) in addition to the limitations in Section 7 of these Official Rules, any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys’ fees. Except where prohibited by law, all issues concerning the construction, validity and enforcement of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrant and Sponsor, shall be construed and governed by the laws of the State of Texas, without regard to conflicts of law rules.
By entering the Sweepstakes, each Entrant who is a legal resident of Canada agrees that (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, the Grand Prize, or any portion thereof, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively in accordance with the laws of the Province of Alberta and federal laws of Canada, as applicable, and such Entrant shall irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Province of Alberta over any claim or matter arising under or in connection with the Sweepstakes or these Official Rules; and (ii) in addition to the limitations in Section 7 of these Official Rules, any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys’ fees. Except where prohibited by law, all issues concerning the construction, validity and enforcement of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrant and Sponsor, shall be construed and governed by the laws of the Province of Alberta and federal laws applicable therein, without regard to conflicts of law rules.
10. RESIDENTS OF QUEBEC: Notwithstanding Section 9 above, for Entrants residing in the Province of Québec, any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of the MyMilesMatter by Shell ROTELLA® 2018 Drive for Daytona Sweepstakes may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux (the “Régie”), for a ruling. Submission to the Régie is only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement. Subject to the jurisdiction of the Régie, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate, suspend or modify the Sweepstakes. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency, between the English-language version and the Frenchlanguage version of these Sweepstakes Rules, the English version shall prevail and govern.
12. WINNERS LIST: The name of the Grand Prize winner will be posted online before January 31, 2019 at www.mymilesmatter.com and www.mymilesmatter.ca.
13. SPONSOR:: Pennzoil Quaker State Company d/b/a SOPUS Products, 150 N. Dairy Ashford, Houston, TX 77079. Canadian address: Shell Canada Limited 400 – 4th Avenue S.W., Calgary, Alberta T2P 2H5.
All currency conversions as of February 13, 2018. .
© 2018 SOPUS Products. All rights reserved.