MyMilesMatter by Shell ROTELLA® UHD TV Sweepstakes
Simply redeem twenty-five (25) Reward Miles to receive one (1) entry in a random drawing for a chance to win a 55” flat screen UHD 4K TV! Redeem Reward Miles for sweepstakes entries as often as you wish during the Sweepstakes Period. One lucky winner will be randomly selected on or about 11/27/18 to receive the Prize (ARV: $999.99 USD). No purchase or payment necessary. Void where prohibited. See Official Rules below for complete details.
MyMilesMatter by Shell ROTELLA® UHD TV Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. INTERNET ACCESS MAY BE REQUIRED. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR OTHERWISE RESTRICTED BY LAW.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The MyMilesMatter by Shell ROTELLA® UHD TV Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is open only to individuals who are: (i) legal residents of and residing within one of the fifty (50) United States of America (or the District of Columbia) (“US”) and Canada (“CA”), (ii) eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry (or the legal age of majority in their state or province of legal residence), and (iii) members of MyMilesMatter by Shell ROTELLA® (the “Program”) at the time of entry. Employees of Pennzoil-Quaker State Company d/b/a SOPUS Products ("Sponsor") and its parent, affiliate and subsidiary companies, participating advertising and Sweepstakes agencies, prize suppliers, including but not limited to those entities those entities involved in the preparation of materials for, administration and/or execution of this Sweepstakes (collectively "Sweepstakes Entities") and their immediate family members (spouse, siblings, children and parents including step-relations) and/or those living in the same household of such employees (whether or not related) are ineligible.
The Potential Winner is subject to confirmation of eligibility and verification by Sponsor or its authorized representative before the Prize, defined in Section 5, will be awarded. This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable, federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited or restricted by law. By entering in the Sweepstakes or accepting the Prize, defined in Section 5, all entrants (each an “Entrant”; collectively “Entrants”) and the Prize winner agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and its authorized representative, which are final and binding in all matters concerning this Sweepstakes. Sponsor may terminate, rescind, or modify the Sweepstakes at any time without notice. Winning the Prize, defined in Section 5, is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The Sweepstakes starts at 8:00 A.M. Central Time (“CT”) on August 16, 2018 and ends at 3:00 P.M. CT on November 15, 2018 (“Sweepstakes Period”). Sponsor’s computer will be the official timekeeping device of the Sweepstakes. The Sponsor is not responsible for late, incomplete, or misdirected Entries.
3. HOW TO ENTER: All Entrants must be a member of the Program. Enrollment in the Program is FREE. Enrollment during the Sweepstakes Period as a new member in the Program is allowed. To set up a new member account ("Rewards Account"), you must register online at www.mymilesmatter.com (US) or www.mymilesmatter.ca (CA). While registering, you must enter your first name, last name, email address, password, physical mailing address, a security question and answer, as well as other information such as vehicle type which will allow you to receive communications according to your preferences, should you elect to “opt in” to receive Shell ROTELLA electronic communications. Registration in the Program is considered complete once you accept the terms and conditions of the Program which are posted on www.mymilesmatter.com (US) and www.mymilesmatter.ca (CA). Only the individual named as the primary account holder (the "Member") will accrue reward miles (“Reward Miles”) and will be entitled to access Rewards Account information. See “How to Earn Reward Miles” and Program terms and conditions at www.mymilesmatter.com (US) or www.mymilesmatter.ca (CA) for more details. Sponsor cannot guarantee the Program or this Sweepstakes will be available via all wireless carriers. Standard data plan rates may apply. Other charges may also apply. Entrants should check their mobile plan for rates and other details relating to participation in the Sweepstakes via mobile URL.Members can enter the Sweepstakes during the Sweepstakes Period (each an “Entry”; collectively “Entries”), by either:
i) Online Entry:
Members can redeem some or all of their Reward Miles to enter the Sweepstakes at www.mymilesmatter.com (US) or www.mymilesmatter.ca (CA). Members will receive one (1) Entry into the Sweepstakes for each twenty-five (25) Reward Miles redeemed during the Sweepstakes Period. Members must redeem a minimum of twenty-five (25) Reward Miles in one transaction to receive an Entry. Entries will not be provided for increments of less than twenty-five (25) Reward Miles. A Member may redeem Reward Miles for one or more Entries as often as he/she wishes during the Sweepstakes Period, subject to the number of Reward Miles available in his/her Rewards Account. All online Entries must be received during the Sweepstakes Period; OR
ii) Mail-in Entry:
US residents: legibly hand-print in black or blue ink on a 3” x 5” card your first and last name, email address (required), telephone number (optional), mailing address (no P.O. Boxes), city, state, zip code and then mail with first class postage affixed to MyMilesMatter by Shell ROTELLA® UHD TV Sweepstakes, Offer #O1674, P.O. Box 809004, Houston, Texas, US, 77280-9921.
CA residents: legibly hand-print in black or blue ink on a 3” x 5” card your first and last name, email address (required), telephone number (optional), mailing address (no P.O. Boxes), city, province, postal code and then mail with first class postage affixed to MyMilesMatter™ by Shell ROTELLA® UHD TV Sweepstakes, Offer #O1674, P.O. Box 26045 Churchill, Mississauga, ON, CA, L5L 5W7.
There is no limit on mail-in Entries, however, only one (1) mail-in Entry per postmarked envelope. All mail-in Entries must be postmarked by November 15, 2018 and received by November 26, 2018.
Entries not legitimately submitted in accordance with these Official Rules, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, are void. Any attempt by any Entrant to obtain more than the stated number of Entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations, and logins, cheating or fraud, through a sweepstakes club or similar entity, or any other unauthorized methods will void all the Entrant’s Entries and Entrant will be disqualified from the Sweepstakes. If Sponsor suspects that any Entrant has or appears to have submitted mass Entries, or Entries generated by an automated program, bot, script, robotic, macro or use of any other devices is prohibited and will result in disqualification. All Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
Proof of entry submission is not proof of its receipt by Sponsor. Only eligible Entries received by Sponsor during the Sweepstakes Period or for mail-in Entries, postmarked by November 15, 2018 and received by November 26, 2018, will be eligible for the Sweepstakes. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an Entrant in the Sweepstakes, the Entry will be deemed completed by the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter in the Sweepstakes. The Potential Winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned to an email address by an Internet service provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. All Entries will be deemed to have been made by the authorized account holder. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for late, lost, misdirected, incomplete, delayed, stolen, invalid, unintelligible, technically corrupted, garbled or illegible Entries, which will be disqualified, or for any failure to capture Entries, or problems of any kind whether mechanical, human or electronic.
4. RANDOM DRAWING: On or about November 27, 2018 at or about 3:00 P.M. CT at 6450 Clara Road, Suite 100, Houston, Texas 77041, Sponsor’s authorized representative will randomly select one (1) potential winner from all eligible Entries submitted and received in accordance with these Official Rules (“Potential Winner”).
5. PRIZE, APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE, AND ODDS OF WINNING:
A. One (1) Prize will be awarded in connection with this Sweepstakes. The “Prize” consists of a Samsung® 55” Flat Screen UHD 4K TV with the following features:
1. With 4K Color Drive and HDR Pro, colors are both vibrant and pure and you can experience a wide range of color and contrast.
2. Experience smooth action without interruption on fast-moving content with Motion Rate 120 and intense audio effects with DTS Premium Sound.
3. Easily find and play your favorite movies, TV shows, sports, music, and games with Samsung Smart Hub® using Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or Ethernet connectivity.
4. One Remote automatically detects and controls all your connected devices and content with no manual programming required and features a built-in mic. Note: Compatible devices only. All devices must be on the same network and internet connection is required.
B. The Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the Prize is $999.99 USD/$1,329.92 CAD (based on the exchange rates posted at the time these Official Rules were published).
C. Odds of winning the Prize depend on the total number of eligible Entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. An Entrant can increase chances of winning by submitting multiple eligible Entries during the Sweepstakes Period.
D. All federal, state, provincial, and local taxes are solely the responsibility of the confirmed Prize winner. The Prize does not include any other item or cost, fee, and other expense not specified in these Official Rules, and any such expenses are the sole responsibility of the confirmed Prize winner. Any valuation of the Prize stated above is based on available information provided to Sponsor at the time these Official Rules were published, and the value of the Prize awarded may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. The Potential Winner may be required to provide Sponsor or its authorized representative with a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before the Prize will be awarded. A Form 1099 will be issued to the confirmed Prize winner if the actual retail value of the Prize is $600 or more.
E. The confirmed Prize winner agrees that the Prize is awarded pursuant to a revocable, nontransferable license that is personal to the confirmed Prize winner, and may not be sold, resold, auctioned, bartered, assigned, exchanged, placed in commerce, transferred, given away, donated or otherwise conveyed. The Prize cannot be exchanged or redeemed for cash, and will not be replaced if lost or stolen. No assignment, transfer, or substitution of the Prize, in whole or in part, is permitted, except that the Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute the Prize, or a portion thereof, with a prize or prizes of equal or greater value.
Any depiction of the Prize or any element thereof in promotional and advertising materials in connection with the Sweepstakes is for illustrative purposes only and may not be the actual Prize awarded.
6. HOW TO CLAIM THE PRIZE: On or about November 27, 2018, the Potential Winner will be contacted by Sponsor or its authorized representative via the email address or phone number provided on his/her Entry to notify him/her that he/she has been selected as the Potential Winner and to verify his/her eligibility. The Potential Winner will be subject to verification of eligibility and confirmation of compliance with these Official Rules by Sponsor or its authorized representatives, whose decisions are final and binding. To be declared the Prize winner, a Potential Winner must meet all eligibility requirements and the terms and conditions of these Official Rules. A Potential Winner is not the Prize winner unless and until the Potential Winner’s eligibility has been confirmed and the Potential Winner has been notified that such verification is complete and any necessary documentation has been properly submitted to Sponsor or its authorized representative Subject to verification of eligibility and confirmation of compliance with these Official Rules, the Prize will be shipped to the confirmed Prize winner at the mailing address provided by him/her approximately 4 – 6 weeks after verification is complete.
The Potential Winner may be required to sign and return an Affidavit or Declaration of Eligibility and a Liability/Publicity Release (except where prohibited by law), within a time period specified by Sponsor before being declared the Prize winner and receiving the Prize. Failure to comply with this requirement may result in forfeiture of the Prize.
The Potential Winner may waive the right to receive the Prize; or must be able to accept the Prize as awarded in its entirety or not at all. If a Potential Winner is found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules; or declines to accept the Prize; or if a Potential Winner cannot be reached within ten (10) business days after the first attempt by Sponsor (or its authorized representative) to contact the Potential Winner, the Prize will be forfeited, and the Sponsor may award the Prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible Sweepstakes Entries until a final Prize winner is declared. A Potential Winner may be required to furnish proof of identification and other proof of eligibility under these Official Rules. If the Prize is ignored, returned as unclaimed, or undeliverable for whatever reason beyond the control of Sponsor, the Prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate potential winner in Sponsor’s sole discretion. The Sponsor or its authorized representatives shall not be responsible for failed attempts to notify the Potential Winner and no responsibility is assumed by the Sponsor or its authorized representatives for any correspondence returned as undeliverable or any other problems associated with the attempt(s) to notify a Potential Winner.
Acceptance of the Prize constitutes permission for Sponsor and Sweepstakes Entities to use the Prize winner's persona, name, biographical information, opinions, voice, photograph and/or likeness for advertising and promotional purposes in all media now known or hereinafter developed throughout the world in perpetuity, without additional compensation, review, notification or permission, unless prohibited by law.
Canadian Residents only: If a Canadian resident, a Potential Winner must, in addition to all other Sweepstakes requirements, correctly answer, within a limited time period, unaided, a mathematical skill-testing question in order to be declared the Prize winner.
7. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY/INTERNET: SPONSOR AND/OR SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY TYPOGRAPHICAL, HUMAN OR OTHER ERROR IN THE PRINTING OF SWEEPSTAKES COMMUNICATIONS AND/OR COLLATERAL ADVERTISING MATERIALS, ADMINISTRATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, PROCESSING OF ENTRIES, SELECTION OF A POTENTIAL WINNER, OR IN THE ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE CONFIRMED PRIZE WINNER OR IN ANY OTHER MATERIALS OR INFORMATION ASSOCIATED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES. IN NO EVENT WILL MORE PRIZES BE AWARDED THAN ARE STATED IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES. IF, THROUGH PRINTING OR PRODUCTION ERROR, OR FOR ANY OTHER REASON WHATSOEVER, MORE PRIZES ARE CLAIMED THAN INTENDED AND/OR SET FORTH IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO AWARD THE PRIZE BY RANDOM DRAWING FROM ALL ELIGIBLE CLAIMANTS FOR THE PRIZE. ONLY ONE (1) PRIZE AS SET FORTH IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES WILL BE AWARDED. ADDITIONALLY, SPONSOR AND/OR SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ERRORS RESULTING IN OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DELETION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATIONS OR TRANSMISSION, THEFT OR DESTRUCTION OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATIONS OF SWEEPSTAKES MATERIALS, OR FOR TECHNICAL, NETWORK, TELEPHONE EQUIPMENT, ELECTRONIC, COMPUTER, HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE, TELEPHONE OR OTHER COMMUNICATIONS, INCOMPATIBILITY, MALFUNCTIONS OR LIMITATIONS OF ANY KIND, OR INACCURATE TRANSMISSIONS OF OR FAILURE TO RECEIVE INFORMATION BY SPONSOR ON ACCOUNT OF TECHNICAL PROBLEMS, LOST OR UNAVAILABLE NETWORK CONNECTIONS, TELEPHONE CONNECTIONS, WIRELESS DEVICE CONNECTIONS OR TRAFFIC CONGESTION ON THE INTERNET OR AT ANY WEBSITE, HUMAN ERROR, OR ANY COMBINATION THEREOF. IF FOR ANY REASON THE SWEEPSTAKES, OR ANY ELEMENT THEREOF, IS NOT CAPABLE OF RUNNING AS PLANNED, INCLUDING INFECTION BY COMPUTER VIRUS, BUGS, TAMPERING, UNAUTHORIZED INTERVENTION, CHEATING, FRAUD, TECHNICAL FAILURES, OR ANY OTHER CAUSES, TECHNOLOGICAL OR OTHERWISE, WHICH CORRUPT, DISRUPT OR OTHERWISE AFFECT THE ADMINISTRATION, SECURITY, FAIRNESS, INTEGRITY, OR PROPER CONDUCT OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION, BUT NOT OBLIGATION, TO CANCEL, TERMINATE, MODIFY, EXTEND OR SUSPEND ANY AND ALL ASPECTS OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, AND PROCEED IN A MANNER IT DEEMS FAIR REASONABLE AND IN KEEPING WITH THE INTENT OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING SELECTION OF THE POTENTIAL WINNER FROM AMONG ALL ELIGIBLE ENTRIES RECEIVED PRIOR TO SUCH CANCELLATION, TERMINATION, MODIFICATION, EXTENSION OR SUSPENSION. SPONSOR FURTHER RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY ANY INDIVIDUAL IT SUSPECTS, IN ITS SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION, TO BE TAMPERING WITH THE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY INDIVIDUAL TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM AND SEEK PROSECUTION OF ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW.
IN NO EVENT WILL RELEASED PARTIES (DEFINED BELOW) BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING ANY DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF ANY ENTRANT’S ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE WEBSITE WWW.MYMILESMATTER.COM (US) OR WWW.MYMILESMATTER.CA (CA) OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING OF MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM THE WEBSITE. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
8. INDEMNIFICATION: EACH ENTRANT AND THE PRIZE WINNER AGREE, BY ENTERING AND/OR ACCEPTING THE PRIZE TO RELEASE, DISCHARGE, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, AND ITS PARENT COMPANY, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, DISTRIBUTORS, WEB DEVELOPMENT COMPANIES, ADVERTISING AGENCIES, (AND THEIR PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES), SWEEPSTAKES AGENCIES, PRIZE SUPPLIERS, AND ANY OTHER PERSONS OR ENTITIES PARTICIPATING IN THE DESIGN, ADMINISTRATION OR FULFILLMENT OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY “RELEASED PARTIES”) FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY THREATENED OR ACTUAL INJURIES, LOSS, COSTS, SETTLEMENTS (WHETHER OR NOT LITIGATION IS COMMENCED), OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO ANY PERSON, INCLUDING DEATH OR DISABILITY, AND PROPERTY, ARISING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ENTRY IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE, OR MISUSE OF THE PRIZE, PARTICIPATION IN ANY SWEEPSTAKES - RELATED ACTIVITY WHETHER HOSTED BY SPONSOR OR A THIRD PARTY OR INABILITY TO PARTICIPATE IN PARTS THEREOF INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, CLAIMS, SUITS, INJURIES, LOSSES AND DAMAGES RELATED TO PERSONAL INJURIES, DEATH, DAMAGE TO OR DESTRUCTION OF PROPERTY, RIGHTS OF PUBLICITY OR PRIVACY, DEFAMATION OR PORTRAYAL IN A FALSE LIGHT (WHETHER INTENTIONAL OR UNINTENTIONAL), WHETHER UNDER A THEORY OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), WARRANTY OR OTHER THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT CAUSED IN WHOLE OR IN PART BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF ONE OR MORE OF THE RELEASED PARTIES. INDIVIDUALS COVENANT NOT TO SUE ANY RELEASED PARTY OR CAUSE THEM TO BE SUED REGARDING ANY MATTER RELEASED ABOVE; AND FURTHER COVENANT NOT TO DISAFFIRM, LIMIT OR RESCIND THIS RELEASE. A WAIVER BY SPONSOR AND/OR THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES OF ANY TERM IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES DOES NO